Monday, September 17, 2012

Marketing War - Apple Vs Samsung - iPhone 5 VS S3

The new iPhone 5 has yet to hit the shelf but Samsung already started running ad to attack APPLE Latest Phone! 



Nice ad, huh…. but I, as a user for both Apple and Samsung phones, both have the own pros and cons and the ad above are a bit misleading. It's like comparing orange to banana instead of the same class.

My View on this.

1. Screen size - bigger screen means bigger phone and not everyone in this world likes to carry a 4.8" phone in their pocket. It relies heavily on user preference over size of the phone.

2. Display - Both company boasts on how clear is the screen. Theoretically, I'm not sure which one is better but practically, I think both around the same. On average, a person eye can't really differentiate the difference between a Retina Display and a HD super AMOLED. Trivia : How many USERS are actually setting the brightness to 100% ? I don't… Do you? Again, how important this comparison will be?

3. Standby - The definition of standby means you just keep your phone aside without using it. NO CALLS, NO SMS, NO WHATSOEVER… So again, this comparison is meaningless… unless there are a genius out there who bought a phone for the purpose of "standby" only…

4. RAM - The higher the ram, the more and the better performance your phone. Again, this will rely on the OS. IOS had proven that they do not need a lot of RAM to give the BEST PERFORMANCE! Just look at iPhone 4/4s. Only 512mb RAM but yet no one complains on it. 

5. Siri and S Voice - Personally I prefer Siri since she can understand my slang better… S Voice probably for those with better english pronunciation. Tried both but Siri seems better for me. S Voice are clear when used to dictate SMS but not in searching for my CONTACTS.

6. Storage - This is the area i guessed Apple need to improve. Having an external storage would be extremely useful especially for people who likes to takes photo and videos. 

7. IOS - I think a lot of people agreed that Android is laggy and problematic although they provides a lot of customisation. But Android 4.1 a.k.a. Jelly Bean improves a lot on the user experiences. I am currently using a Samsung Galaxy Nexus with Jelly Bean update and the performance is superb. The best version I ever use for Android. And since Nexus is a mid range phone, imagine what S3 can offers when they get the Jelly Bean updates. But until that day arrives, I still betting on IOS to be a better OS.

8. Different plug? Thats something I really don't understand. Why? So Apple can make more money by selling an adapter? LoL!!! I vote on S3 on this for sticking on microusb.

9. The rest…. hmm… NFC is practically useless in Malaysia, S Beam is just another name for contact transfer, I can also use my favourites to do a direct call, SMART ALERT? I don't think its very smart though… tilt to zoom? hmm.. how useful is this? Shake to update? I am sure most will turn off this features. Imagine a person goes clubbing and while dancing, the phone keep searching of updates. By the time you finish your dance, your battery life left 10%! Now, how useful is that?

Conclusion - Every phone comes with pros and cons. All the ads out there are created to convince consumers that they are the best. So as a SMART CONSUMER, you should really think on what is your NEED and WANTS when buying a phone. Talk and discuss with your seller and they should be able to advise you. Why pay for RM2K when you only need a phone to Call, SMS and Alarm? A normal phone cost less than RM100 also can do the job… 

Happy Reading and Good night…

Cheers





No comments:

Post a Comment